Murfreesboro Truck Accident Lawyer
Murfreesboro and the surrounding area have become a hub for commercial truck activity. Trucks, such as tractor-trailers, deliver the goods people in the area need, while other large vehicles, such as garbage trucks, perform important services. Although trucks are important, they do not always interact with other vehicles on the road safely. Accidents that involve large vehicles are much more serious than other auto accidents on the road, and if you have been hurt, you need someone to fight for your rights. That is exactly what our Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer does.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents occur for a number of reasons. The most common causes of these serious crashes are as follows:
- Speeding: Large trucks take much longer to slow down and come to a full stop. When a trucker speeds, it takes even longer. Often, truck drivers cannot slow their vehicles enough before they crash into someone in front of them.
- Fatigued truck drivers: Truck drivers spend long hours on the road and not all of them abide by the federal hours of service rule. Fatigued truck drivers have poor judgment, cannot focus on the road, and may even fall asleep at the wheel.
- Unsecured truck loads: The majority of trucks on the roads in Murfreesboro carry cargo. If that load is not loaded properly, it will shift during transit and can cause a trucker to lose control of their vehicle.
- Impaired driving: It is not uncommon for truckers to use drugs or alcohol while behind the wheel. Many think it will help them stay awake. Of course, this is reckless behavior that can result in some of the most serious crashes.
- Distracted driving: Truckers face many distractions on the road. They talk to other truckers on their cell phones or CB radio, they eat and drink, and they have to control many of the truck’s operations while behind the wheel. These distractions can easily lead to a crash.
Sadly, the above are just some of the most common causes of truck accidents. Any time a crash occurs, you should speak to a lawyer that can determine how it happened. We gladly offer a free consultation where we discuss our services and what we can offer you.
Liability After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, it is crucial to determine how it happened so you know who to hold liable. Determining liability after an accident can be very difficult. An investigation has to take place, witness statements need to be reviewed, and damage has to be assessed. Many people think the truck driver is always liable, and in some cases this is true. If a trucker does not follow traffic laws, federal laws, or otherwise acts negligently, people can get hurt.
Trucking companies are also sometimes found liable after a crash if they engaged in negligent hiring or training practices. These companies are also responsible for inspecting and properly maintaining their trucks. They can be held liable if they do not meet this duty. Other parties that could be liable for a crash include companies that load trucks, truck manufacturers, and even government entities.
Our Murfreesboro Truck Accident Lawyers Will Hold Liable Parties Accountable
Determining which party is liable for an accident is never easy. At Mitch Grissim & Associates, our Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer has the necessary experience to determine who was at fault for your crash and will hold them accountable for paying the fair settlement you deserve.
If you find that you’re the victim of an accident involving a semi-truck, you’ll want a personal injury lawyer who understands personal injury cases. And our lawyers are some of the best in the business. Truck accident cases can be tricky, especially semi-truck accidents. But our attorneys are skilled professionals who have the sensitivity and expertise to handle accident claims where catastrophic injuries and medical bills are involved.
The attorney-client relationship is something that we take seriously at Mitch Grissim & Associates. See us for a free consultation. We’re happy to provide you with legal advice from people who know Rutherford County and the surrounding areas.
Reasons You May Need an Attorney
Legal assistance is something people don’t often think about until they need it. And if you’re involved in an accident with a semi-truck or some other large truck, you may want to contact us about a free consultation for the following reason:
- Injury: If you are involved in an accident with a semi-truck and you have sustained severe injuries. Such injuries can mean lost wages, medical expenses, and long-term medical care.
- Truck driver error: If the negligent driver was in a commercial vehicle, you may want to seek the services of a truck accident attorney. A truck crash can be a frightening occurrence, and then you have to deal with things you may not understand, such as insurance companies and injury lawyers. A Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer can help walk you through the entire process in a timely manner.
- Hospital bills: Truck accident victims often suffer severe injuries that result in long hospital stays and even death. Wading through the legal process in an accident case requires an experienced attorney who can be trusted with confidential or sensitive information.
- A death has occurred: In the event that a death has occurred as a result of an accident, you may want to seek compensation in a wrongful death case. Losing a loved one in an accident is tragic, and even if the trucking company is responsible they may not be willing to admit wrongdoing. Keep in mind that the truck company’s insurance company will do everything they can to limit their liability.
Truck wrecks where a tractor-trailer is involved can result in serious injuries that lead to hospitalization and even death. These are never easy circumstances to face, but the experienced professionals at Mitch Grissim & Associates will walk you through the ins and outs of the legal process.
A truck accident attorney will be happy to speak with you at our Murfreesboro office. Call us today at 615-255-9999, or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.