Murfreesboro Truck Accident Lawyer
Murfreesboro and the surrounding area has become a hub for commercial truck activity. Trucks such as tractor-trailers deliver the goods people in the area need, while other large trucks, such as garbage trucks, perform important services. Although trucks are important, they do not always interact with other vehicles on the road safely. Accidents that involve large trucks are much more serious than other auto accidents on the road and if you have been hurt, you need someone to fight for your rights. That is exactly what our Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer does.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents occur for a number of reasons. The most common causes of these serious crashes are as follows:
- Speeding: Large trucks take much longer to slow down and come to a full stop. When a trucker speeds, it takes even longer. Often, truck drivers cannot slow their vehicle enough before they crash into someone in front of them.
- Fatigued truck drivers: Truck drivers spend long hours on the road and not all of them abide by the federal hours of service rule. Fatigued truck drivers have poor judgment, cannot focus on the road, and may even fall asleep at the wheel.
- Unsecured truck loads: The majority of trucks on the roads in Murfreesboro carry cargo. If that load is not secured properly, it will shift during transit and can cause a trucker to lose control of their vehicle.
- Impaired driving: It is not uncommon for truckers to use drugs or alcohol while behind the wheel. Many think it will help them stay awake. Of course, this is reckless behavior that results in some of the most serious crashes.
- Distracted driving: Truckers face many distractions on the road. They talk to other truckers on their cell phones or CB radio, they eat and drink, and they have to control many of the truck’s operations while behind the wheel. These distractions can easily lead to a crash.
Sadly, the above are just some of the most common causes of truck accidents. Any time a crash occurs, you should speak to a lawyer that can determine how it happened.
Liability After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, it is crucial to determine how it happened so you know who to hold liable. Determining liability after a truck accident is very difficult. Many people think the truck driver is always liable and in some cases, this is true. If a trucker does not follow traffic laws, federal laws, or otherwise acts negligently, people become hurt.
Trucking companies are also sometimes found liable after a crash if they engaged in negligent hiring or training practices. These companies are also responsible for inspecting and properly maintaining their trucks. They can be held liable if they do not meet this duty. Other parties that could be liable for a crash include companies that load trucks, truck manufacturers, and even government entities.
Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Murfreesboro Will Hold Liable Parties Accountable
Determining which party is liable for a truck accident is never easy. At Mitch Grissim & Associates, our Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer has the necessary experience to determine who was at fault for your crash and will hold them accountable for paying the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at 615-255-9999 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.