Cookeville Personal Injury Lawyer
After suffering a serious personal injury, you might fear losing everything. The cost of healthcare is always rising, and you likely will not be able to return to work right away to pay for your mounting medical bills. The situation is an extremely difficult one, but a Cookeville personal injury lawyer can help. When someone else’s negligence, or carelessness, caused your accident, you can file a claim against them to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and more. You have lost enough after a serious injury. Let us help you get your life back.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law provides a legal remedy for individuals that have been hurt by someone else’s negligence. The remedy in any personal injury case is financial compensation for the injuries and all other losses an accident victim suffers during the accident. Accident victims must prove they sustained an injury due to the negligent actions of another person. When plaintiffs are successful in proving someone else acted carelessly and caused injuries, they can recover compensation, known as damages.
The term ‘personal injury’ refers to a number of different types of accidents. Our personal injury lawyers handle a variety of accident claims, including:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury cases and they happen every day in Cookeville. While you likely do not need a lawyer for a minor fender bender, you should always contact an attorney if you are seriously injured.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents differ from car accidents because these commercial vehicles are so much larger and heavier. They cause much more damage when they crash with a smaller vehicle, and the injuries that result from a truck accident are often catastrophic.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are also different from other auto accidents because motorcycles are so much smaller and bikers do not have the same type of protection as other motorists. As a result, motorcyclists typically sustain extremely serious injuries in a crash.
- Boating accidents: Cookeville and its surrounding areas boast beautiful waterways that are great for boating, but a day spent on the water can end in an accident.
- Premises liability accidents: Premises liability accidents are those that occur on someone else’s property. Of all premises liability accidents, slip and falls are by far the most common property owners are held liable for.
- Wrongful death: Tragically, accidents are sometimes so severe, the victim does not survive it. When this is the case, loved ones can file a wrongful death claim against the liable party.
The above accidents often result in brain injuries, spine and back injuries, amputations, and more. Our personal injury law firm has the necessary experience handling these types of injury claims and will help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Call Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Cookeville Today
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, our Cookeville personal injury lawyers at Mitch Grissim & Associates can help with your case. Call us today at 615-255-9999 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to obtain the legal advice you need.